Friday, November 5, 2010

Old rusted car and a covered bridge!

So, I have finished the Caudle families photos, and here they are in a slideshow for you to view! But first. . I said they had a story. . so here it is!

First off, this family is SO sweet! When I pulled into their driveway, I saw this old, rusted truck in the back of their property, and I fell in love with it instantly. No sooner than me introducing myself, Paul (green shirt) said that he wanted to take some pictures with the car before we left for our location. Little did I know, it wasn't just some old junked car, it had a beautiful story! I heard little snippets of this story from various family members throughout the entire shoot. Paul said that it was his dads truck when he was young and dating his wife of 40 years! Later, the grandfather told my husband a few cute stories about the truck, one of them being that he had spent many of his younger days coon hunting with it! His wife told me toward the end of the shoot that one time he came to pick her up in it, and there was a cup that he used to "spit" into. (all my southern folks know what this means without further explanation!) She said that she felt something wet and nasty on her leg, and when she looked down, the cup had spilled all down her(ack!)! She said she was so embarrassed and grossed out, but you would never know it by the look on her face as she was telling me this sweet story. I do believe that the glow on their faces, and the love in their eyes was my favorite part of not only this session, but the stories that I heard throughout it! (The grandparents absolutely glowed with SO much love for each other and their family, it melted me the whole day! You can SO see this in each and every picture of them. The way they look at each other, the way they are always holding hands or touching, and the way they looked as they shared their story!)

We then headed to the location that Paul had picked. I only knew at this time that we would be taking an old hunting road to a bridge that was built by locals. When we followed them off of the road onto what seemed to be non existent "trail" covered by leaves, I thought that they had lost their ever lovin' minds! Little did I know, up ahead was the most beautiful covered bridge leading you over a creek and into an opening in the woods that I could have ever imagined! This location was perfect for them! Paul knew the owners of the land, and the builder of the bridge, and there couldn't have been a more perfect/private location for them! As always, there were a couple of times that the moms looked at me like I was crazy when I requested them to do something, but I know that they will LOVE the photos that those "crazy requests" created!

I send MUCH love and gratitude for this precious family for not only sharing their stories with me and choosing me to give them a way to cherish it forever, but for being SO insanely sweet and welcoming to me and my husband! I hope these photos stay in your family forever so that you can have them to show future generations as you pass these stories along!





2 comments: