Thursday, October 14, 2010

The smell of change is in the air. .and it smells good!

Hello fans!

Many things are on my mind tonight with this whole photography thing! As you probably (or i should say "should have"!) read, earlier in the beginning of this journey, My prices, and ideas were all introductory and just "ideas". I have learned SO much, not only from countless hours of research and networking, but from trial and error and experience as well. The main thing that I have learned, well "confirmed", is that I want to do this as a career, for the rest of my life! This means that changes need to be made in order for me to reach some of my goals. I am currently trying to gather and organize all of my thoughts and knowledge, and put them into a plan. With this being said, you should take advantage of my introductory rates very soon! I want to thank everyone so much that has hired me/allowed me to practice with them or their children/bought prints of photos I took at work/and also to those who have inspired me and cheered me on, but it's time to get a little more serious now. I will be doing some changes to my website (maybe even building a whole new one), adding paypal to my site (not only to make it easier for you to order my non-portrait work, but to pay your deposits and other fees and charges), making adjustments to my price list and being more specific on my goals and ideas as a photographer. This means that here shortly, I will have a licensed business and if another offer I am working on follows through, I will be a published photographer! :o) Yay me! (Don't get me too excited, It's not done yet) The combination of these things all mean that my confidence level has risen tremendously, and people are not just liking, but LOVING what I'm doing apparently, which is awesome! My confidence rising, has helped me realize my own potential, and the fact that my dream of doing this full time can come true, it is just going to take some planning and changing to do so! YOU are the reason my confidence has risen, and I want you to know how much I love you all for it! I really hope that you all will bear with me and continue to be supportive and loving as I go through these changes. I want to take you all with me! As soon as things change and begin to settle and work out, I have all intentions of finding ways to show my big supporters and helpers just how much I appreciate them! Word of mouth, hanging flyers, handing out business cards, hooking me up with someone(or you!) who knows about something that could be of use to me (such as business stuff, advertising, etc.), and continuing to give me your business and support are all ways that you can not only continue on this journey with me, but ways that you can help me achieve my dream! I created a client questionnaire tonight that I am going to start sending to all potential clients to help me get to know them some more, so please email me or facebook me if you are interested in booking a shoot, and I'll send that right on over to you! Please drop me any comments/advise/criticism on my facebook page, or create a google email account for free so that you can "follow" this page and leave comments! Email is JenniferHinesPhotography@gmail.com

MUCH love and gratitude to you ALL tonight!
Jennifer Hines




2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You have to take a big step...and it sounds like you finally have the confidence to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm so excited to see what's next, and how much further I can get! I'm scared and anxious, but mostly ecstatically happy! :o)

    ReplyDelete